Use of data from this server
The datasets available on this server are provided freely for Research and Education purposes. Before retrieving data please read the conditions below and acknowledge that you accept them.
Registration will provide you with access to the TIGGE data with a delay of 48 hours after initial time of the forecasts.
Registration for real-time access is handled by the THORPEX Project Office.
- Data available from this server may be used freely for research only. Commercial use of the data is not allowed.
- Research is understood as any project organised by a university, scientific institute or similar (private or institutional), for non-commercial research purposes only. A necessary condition for the recognition of non-commercial purposes is that all the results obtained are openly available at delivery costs only, without any delay linked to commercial objectives, and that the research itself is submitted for open publication.
- Although every care has been taken in preparing and testing the data, ECMWF cannot guarantee that the data are correct in all circumstances; neither does ECMWF accept any liability whatsoever for any error or omission in the data, or for any loss or damage arising from its use.
- Any person extracting data from this server will accept responsibility for informing all data users of these conditions.
- Data must not be supplied as a whole or in part to any third party outside your organisation.
- Articles, papers, or written scientific works of any form, based in whole or in part on TIGGE data, will contain an acknowledgement of TIGGE.
"This work is based on TIGGE data. TIGGE (The Interactive Grand Global Ensemble) is an initiative of the World Weather Research Programme (WWRP).”
For dataset source, please cite:
- Bougeault et al. (2010) The THORPEX Interactive Grand Global Ensemble. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 91, 1059-1072, https://doi.org/10.1175/2010BAMS2853.1
- Swinbank et al. (2016) The TIGGE project and its achievements. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 97, 49-67, https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-13-00191.1
You need to log in first in order to accept this licence.